Terms & Conditions
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU USE THIS WEBSITE.
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Gaia Medical Limited, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights.
Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, “User” or “Users” means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either:
(i) employed by Gaia Medical Limited and acting in the course of their employment
(ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Gaia Medical Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
We may update these terms and conditions from time to time for reasons including, but not limited to, the introduction of new features to the Website, the introduction of new content to the Website, changes in our privacy and cookie policies, and adherence to changes in law. It is therefore important that you revisit these terms and conditions periodically, to ensure that you still agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to be bound by a new version of these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
This version of the terms and conditions were last updated on the 16th January 2020, and are in effective from this date onwards.
Intellectual Property and Acceptable Use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Gaia Medical Limited, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission.
2. We do not guarantee that access to our Website will always be available or uninterrupted. We may at any point change, update, withdraw or remove sections, content or services from our Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Website, or any parts, features or services presented on our Website are removed or is unavailable to you at any time or for any period.
3. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- print one copy of the Content
4. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Gaia Medical Limited.
5. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any Content you may submit via the Website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such Content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Website any Content that:
(i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable;
(ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law;
(iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam”.
You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial content onto the Website.
6. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the Content you post; that the Content is accurate; that use of the Content you supply does not violate any provision of these terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify Gaia Medical Limited for all claims resulting from Content you supply.
7. You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Links to Other Websites
8. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Gaia Medical Limited or that of our affiliates. We are not responsible for their availability or content.
9. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
10. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and Disclaimers
13. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Gaia Medical Limited makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Gaia Medical Limited is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
14. Whilst Gaia Medical Limited uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guarantee in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
15. Gaia Medical Limited accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
16. Gaia Medical Limited reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
17. The Content on our Website is generated by us (or on our behalf by medical authors). The material and information contained on our Website is for general information purposes only. You should not rely on the Content on our Website for specific advice. Our Website (and the Content which can be accessed through it), is not a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified doctor or other healthcare professional. You should ALWAYS speak to your doctor if you have any concerns regarding your health or wellbeing before taking, or not taking, any action based on the information provided on our Website.
18. While we endeavour to keep the information on the Website up to date and correct, Gaia Medical Limited makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the Website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the Website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such material is therefore strictly at your own risk. The information contained within our Website is not a substitute for the advice of an appropriately trained and qualified doctor or other healthcare professional.
19. We place adverts on our Website in order to allow us to continue being able to provide you with free access to certain types of Content on our Website.
20. We do not endorse any specific products, processes, service providers, diets or other information that may be mentioned on our Website (including those promoted by any advertisers or advertising sponsors).
Limitation of Liability
Please read this section carefully as it sets out the limits of our liability to you in relation to your use of the Website.
21. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
22. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
23. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Gaia Medical Limited accepts no liability for any of the following:
any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
24. We assume no responsibility for the content found on the websites linked on our Website. You should not interpret those linked websites as an endorsement by us. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
25. We use our reasonable efforts to check the accuracy of the professional information published on our Website. You should, however, note that we do not warrant that such information will be error free and you acknowledge that the information, products, and services published on this Website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors.
26. Subject to the first paragraph under this section (Limitations of Liability), in no event shall we (or any of our suppliers or licensors) be liable to you (or to any other user) for any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential loss or damage, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), or otherwise, even if we, or any of our suppliers, have been advised of the possibility of such damages, arising under or in connection with:
use of, or inability to use, our Website;
use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website (regardless of the origins of such content); or
any information, products, and services obtained through this Website, or otherwise arising out of the use of this Website.
27. This section does not affect your legal rights as a consumer.
28. You acknowledge that we have made the Website available to you in reliance upon these terms and conditions and in particular these Limitations of Liability
29. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
30. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
32. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
33. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
34. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
35. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Gaia Medical Limited Details
36. Gaia Medical Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 12405149 whose registered address is 52 St James Gardens, Wembley, HA0 4LJ and it operates the Website www.gaiamedical.co.uk. You can contact Gaia Medical Limited by email on [email protected]
37. Gaia Medical Limited does not provide medical advice, patient consultations, diagnosis or treatment of any kind.
38. These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).